Addington

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

A pastoral district near to Mount Bolton, Addington had a school building and residence in 1898, buildings which still remain. The Pioneers Memorial at Addington formally remembers the original settlers while the remains of early farm buildings and stone outbuildings demonstrate the types of building forms. The Aboriginal Monument at Addington recognises the prior inhabitants of the land, a commemoration that is rare in the district. (1)

Reference

(1) City of Ballarat Heritage Study (Stage 2) April 2003: Thematic History

Personal tools