Alexander McLaren

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

Alexander McLaren and William Tulloch constructed the 'Royal Standard Brewery' on blocks S9-17 and S9-18 of brick and bluestone to the design of Henry R. Caselli. It became the Ballarat Brewing Company and in 1958 was sold to Carlton & United Brewries. The brewery closed in 1989 and was sold to the Ballarat School of Mines in 1994.

Reference: http://www.ballarat.edu.au/curator/buildings/site_listing_brewery-complex.shtml

Personal tools