A mining township near Smythesdale, on the Yarrowee creek, 103 miles NW of Melbourne, about 13 miles from Ballarat, and about one mile from Scarsdale, the nearest railway station. Population of the town and vicinty about 90. The workings are principally alluvial. 
- ↑ The Victorian Municipal Directory and Gazetter for 1884, 31.
--Sallyanne Doyle 22:49, 18 September 2012 (EST)