Coghills Creek

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

Situated on Coghill's Creek, the township is based primarily on agriculture and in 1878 had three churches, the state school and two hotels and a flour mill to serve the residents and an interesting cemetery. Occupations of residents included three blacksmiths, two wheelwrights, one saddler, two shoe makers and two store keepers. Based on the original Coghill's Run taken up by William Coghill, several historic farm building still remain in the general area. By 1898 there was also an implement works and a creamery. (1)


(1) City of Ballarat Heritage Study (Stage 2) April 2003: Thematic History

Personal tools