Linton is a small township southwest of Ballarat, Victoria.
Origin of the name
The town is named after the Linton family who were squatters in the area.
Gold was discovered in February 1855 on the property known as Linton Park, owned by Mrs. Linton, widow of squatter Joseph Linton. The area was first named Linton's Diggings
Geography and climate
The town is on Springdallah Creek.