Osrey Pottery was established by Gladys Reynell and her husband George Osborne in 1922, the name Osray being an amalgam of their names.
Gladys Reynell and George Osborne, her assistant at Reynella Pottery, married in 1922. They moved to Ballarat after hearing of the exceptional clay deposits. Osborne made the pots with Reynell decorating them.
The pottery operated until 1926 when Osborne developed lead poisoning from the glazes.
- BALLARAT CLAYS
- The Osprey Pottery Co. Pty. Ltd. has been experimenting with Ballarat district clays and has proved the suitability of a greyish clay discovered ati Linton for porcelain ware.
- ↑ Herald, 18 June 1926.
--Clare K.Gervasoni 10:23, 14 August 2019 (AEST)