Percy E. Coltman
From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Percy Edgar Coltman was born in Ballarat.
- SERGEANT PERCY E. COLTMAN.
- Official word was yesterday received by Mr W. Coltman, J.P., of Ballarat, to the effect that his third son, Sergeant Percy Edgar Coltman, had been killed in action in France, on August 5th. Sergeant Coltman was a member of the 22nd Battallon, attached to the 6th Brigade.
- He took part in the fighting at Gallipoli where he spent some four months, and was also present at the evacuation. After service in Egypt. Sergeant Coltman was transferred to France A native of Ballarat. He was well known and highly esteemed by a large circle of friends. In his early youth, Sergeant Coltman was an employee of the local branch of the City of Melbourne Bank. From Ballarat he went to Africa to take up responsible position in the Standard Bank, Johannesburg. Subsequently he returned to Australia, having received the important charge of managing direcrtor of a large engineering establish in Sydney, where he enlisted. About 43 years of age, Sergeant Coltman leaves a widow and three children, resident in South Yarra. Much symp thy will be extended to them in their and bereavement.
- ↑ Ballarat School of Mines Honor Roll, University of Ballarat Historical Collection cat.no 536
- ↑ Ballarat Courier, 03 May 2013.
- ↑ Ballarat Star, 07 October 1916.
--Clare K.Gervasoni 18:46, 12 May 2017 (AEST)