Thomas Clowes

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

History

In 1840 Thomas Clowes and his brothers Robert and Henry purchased the southern part of the Colliban pastoral run owned by Alexander Fullerton Mollison. Their leasehold known as 'Woodside", comprised 32,600 acres with the east-west line about a half a mile south of the Trentham Post Office forming the Southern boundary. In 1860 Thomas sold a substantial part of his interest to G. W. Johnston. [1]

Legacy

See also

Notes


References

  1. Early History of the Trentham District, G. W. Trewhella, Trentham Historical Society, 2005


Further Reading

External links



Personal tools