Located 6 kms from Ballarat, many small holdings clustered around Warrenheip where beautiful spring water had attracted attention very early and led to the establishment of two breweries and a distillery. In 1865 eight hotels did their best to dispose of the local product. In 1911, as elsewhere, there were fewer hotels but the breweries remained and a post office and railway station, state school, store, bootmaker and butcher served a sizeable farming community and a few dairymen. Today the church precinct is notable.
Hotels in Warrenheip
- ↑ City of Ballarat Heritage Study (Stage 2) April 2003: Thematic History.
--Beth Kicinski 11:13, 16 July 2012 (EST)