Osprey Pottery

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Revision as of 09:40, 6 April 2020 by Cgervaso (Talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Background

Osrey Pottery was established by Gladys Reynell and her husband George Osborne in 1922, the name Osray being an amalgam of their names.

History

Gladys Reynell and George Osborne, her assistant at Reynella Pottery, married in 1922. They moved to Ballarat after hearing of the exceptional clay deposits. Osborne made the pots with Reynell decorating them.

The pottery operated until 1926 when Osborne developed lead poisoning from the glazes.

Site

Innovations

BALLARAT CLAYS
The Osprey Pottery Co. Pty. Ltd. has been experimenting with Ballarat district clays and has proved the suitability of a greyish clay discovered ati Linton for porcelain ware.[1]

Community Involvement

Works Produced

Workplace Relations

The People

George Osborne (2)

Gladys Reynell

Audrey Allnutt

Legacies

See also

Notes


References

  1. Herald, 18 June 1926.


Further Reading

External Links


--Clare K.Gervasoni 10:23, 14 August 2019 (AEST)

Personal tools