American Hotel (Skipton Street)
- For other American Hotels, see American Hotel.
The American Hotel was a hotel in Ballarat, <1875-1892.
From the 1892 hearing:
Mary Duggan licensee, Duncan M’Kercher owner: Mr Morrow appeared for the licensee. Miss McDonald, sister of the licensee of the American hotel, said the principal trade was with carters. The hotel supplied an average of eight meals a day. Mr Bloore, chemist, gave evidence in support of the license.
The American Hotel was on the north west corner of Skipton and Dawson Street, Ballarat.
In 2015 the site was numbered 200 Dawson Street, and included several business offices.
- The publican in 1875 was J. W. Emery.
- The publican in March 1892 was Mary Duggan.
- The hotel owner in 1892 was Duncan McKercher.
- The publican in 1888-89> was Jas. Duggan
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Hargreaves, John. Ballarat Hotels Past and Present, pg. 19, 1943, Ballarat
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 1892 'BALLARAT WEST LICENSING COURT.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 10 March, p. 4. , viewed 08 Jul 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article204323157
- ↑ F. W. Niven & Co's Ballarat and District Directory for 1888-9