From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Arthur Croft died in 1892.
- In a Melbourne obituary- last week appeared the following:-- On the 2nd January, at Mooroopna, Arthur Croft, of Ballarat, son of George and Maria Croft, Sussex, England, aged 66. A resident of Ballarat 40 years, and one of the founders of the Old Colonists’ Association of that city.” The deceased was well known here as a ticket writer for the shops, and was mentioned in the “Ballarat Chronicles” in our columns as having, when a miner in the fifties, been honored one day ,by a visit to the brace of Lola Montes,who was at that time playing at one of the theatres in the old Main road.
- CROFT.-November 14, 1937, Augusta E., beloved wife of Arthur H. Croft, of 27 Young Street, Annandale, and loving mother of Robert Stanley, and Sydney Frank, aged 68 years.
- ↑ http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~carrick/Ballarat%20a%20to%20b.html accessed 15 March 2013.
- ↑ Melbourne Leader, 16 January 1892.
- ↑ Ballarat Star, 19 January 1892.
- ↑ Sydney Morning Herald, 15 November 1937.