Ballarat City School of Art

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

The Ballarat City School of Arts was established in 1879, and was situated at the Academy of Arts, Ballarat.

In 1885 the committee of management chairman was R. Baker, secretary E. H. L. Swifte, and teacher A. Doepel.

In 1885 it was reported that the former teacher left for the Ballarat School of Mines and took all the students with him, resulting in the Ballarat City School of Art practically starting afresh.


Also See

Tertiary Education

Personal tools