Ballarat Girls' Junior Technical School
The Ballarat Girls' Junior Technical School was established with a 4 year course up to Intermediate Technical Certificate standard, and an enrolment of 30 students. An enrolment of 100-120 students was expected by 1955.
Erection of an alumninium pre-fabricated building imported in crates from Bristol, England. It was situated in Hickman Street facing White Flat oval and comprised 3 24' x 24' classrooms, an office, 2 porches and corridor. The building contractor was H.R. Dobbin.
22 March 1954
The Ballarat Girls' Junior Technical School moved into the new school buildings.
The first completion of 4th years students tool place with girls specialising in commercial, needlecrafts, art of professional courses.
The Ballarat Girls' Junior Technical School becomes a separate education institution called the Ballarat Girls' Technical School. It was still under the direction of the Principal of the Ballarat School of Mines, but with its own headmistress, Miss F. Moore.
The accommodation situation became acute. A section of the Ballarat Technical Art School building at the Ballarat School of Mines site was in use, as was the upper floor of the Humffray Street State School.
First Ballarat Girls' Technical School speech night held
Total enrolment of the Ballarat Girls' Technical School was 285.
It was announced that a technical school for boys and girls was to be built at Sebastopol. Initially the school was to be for girls only, at Grant Street.
The Ballarat Girls' Junior Technical School was housed in the Ballarat School of Mines until 1954.
F. Moore Principal of Ballarat Girls' Technical School (1959-1968)
- ↑ Ballarat Courier, 29 July 1960.