Ballarat Institute of Advanced Education
The parent body of the Ballarat Institute of Advanced Education (BIAE) was the Ballarat School of Mines, founded in 1870 to train personnel for mining activities. The first awards at diploma level were made in 1896 in the branches of English, Metallurgy and Geology. Over the years the range of courses broadened to include Art, Physics, Business Studies, Humanities and Librarianship. The tertiary division of the School of Mines was relocated to Mount Helen in 1970 and was known as the Ballarat Institue of Advanced Education after the merging of the State College of Victoria at Ballarat (SCVB) and the Ballarat Institute of Advanced Education.
- ↑ BCAE Prospectus 1988
--Clare K.Gervasoni 12:25, 19 April 2020 (AEST)