Belle Vue Hotel (Sturt Street)
- For other hotels with the same, or similar names, see Belle Vue Hotel
The Belle Vue Hotel was a hotel in Ballarat, Victoria.
The hotel was first named:
- Isbell's Family Hotel
- Belle Vue Hotel
- Morgan Lees' Hotel
- All Nations Hotel.
- Carbine Hotel - delicensed 1915.
Hargreaves reported that an old resident had also said the hotel traded under other names, but he was unable to confirm this:
On 22 March 1915, the hotel, then the Carbine Hotel, was included on a list of hotels to be deprived of their licenses. This list was complied by the Licenses Reduction Board in Melbourne. The Ballarat West licensing district hearings on this list were to be held on 27 April.
Address: 927 Sturt Street. Google Maps: -37.561068,143.846121
- In May 1868 the publican was J. Halliwell.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Hargreaves, John. Ballarat Hotels Past and Present, pg. 18, 1943, Ballarat
- ↑ 1915 'LICENSING ACT 1915.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 10 November, p. 15, viewed 10 September, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1578545
- ↑ 1915 'LICENSES REDUCTION BOARD.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 23 March, p. 10, viewed 13 February, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1504941
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Hargreaves, John. Ballarat Hotels Past and Present, pg. 25, 1943, Ballarat