Black Bull Hotel
From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
The Black Bull Hotel was a hotel in Ballarat, Victoria, in <1862-1864>.
Proprietor John Brooksbank was advertising the hotel for sale in 1864:
:RARE OPPORTUNITY.-FOR SALE the BLACK BULL HOTEL, Lyons street. The proprietor of the above hotel being about entering into another line of business, begs to call the attention of parties looking for a safe and profitable investment, the above having undergone thorough repairs, and is now in good working order and doing a fair share of business. The conditions will, be half cash, balance six, nine, and twelve months. Apply, J. Brooksbank, proprietor, on the premises.
- In 1862 Essex Eveleigh withdrew his application for a license.
- In July 1864 the publican was J. Rogers.
- In December 1872 the licence was granted to James Crompton,
- ↑ Ballarat Star, 22 October 1864.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 1862 'DISTRICT POLICE COURT.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 25 June, p. 4, viewed 17 February, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66325055
- ↑ 1864 'DISTRICT PUBLICANS' LICENSING MEETING.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 2 July, p. 4. , viewed 12 Oct 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66346137
- ↑ The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924) Sat 21 Dec 1872 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/219196885?
--Clare K.Gervasoni 18:15, 10 May 2015 (AEST)