In 1887, William Bramwell Withers wrote: ‘Boot factories have multiplied of late years in Ballarat, the latest outcome being a co-operative factory born in a strike a year or two ago. It is not paying dividends, or none are publicly announced. There is a clog factory in Humffray street; and of the boot factories those of Whitten and Cairns, in Dana street, Book and Sons, in Main street, and Davies and Graham, in Armstrong street, are the larger’.
Wombat Boot Factory, Daylesford
A - Andrew Anderson
J - Charles Jones
M - Alfred Maddaford (c1870-1947) - Arthur Maddaford (1897-1964) - Richard James Maddaford (1887-1918) - William John Patrick Maddaford (1907-1990) - Nicholas Martin - William McKnown - John Miller - P. Moody - John Munro
P - William Pearmain
- ↑ William Bramwell Withers. The History of Ballarat from the First Pastoral Settlement to the Present Time. Ballarat: F. W. Niven and Co., 1887, page 297. [University of Ballarat, Mt Helen Library]
--Beth Kicinski 10:39, 30 August 2013 (EST)