Castlemaine Butter Factory

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Background

History

The Castlemaine Butter factory, is situated in Kennedy-street, near the Railway Station. The factory began in 1897, in a small way in Templeton Street, manufacturing butter and ice. The butter is sent to surrounding towns including Ballarat, Bendigo, St Arnaud, Donald and Birchip, in addition to Castlemaine. When the factory was built, it was built at a considerable cost and the fittings and appliances were the latest design, the chilling room is 38 degrees when the chilling is being done. [1]

Site

Innovations

Community Involvement

Works Produced

Workplace Relations

The People

Legacies

See also

Notes


References

  1. Castlemaine Butter Factory. Mt Alexander Mail, p2. 11/03/1902


Further Reading

External Links


--Sue McPhan 12:50, 8 May 2018 (AEST)

Personal tools