Cattle Yards Inn
From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
The Cattle Yards Hotel was a hotel in Ballarat, <1936-2015>.
The Cattle Yards Inn Hotel is in Latrobe Street, Ballarat, opposite the Ballarat saleyards.
The hotel was described in the license application of June 1864:
WILLIAM BRAZENOR, Bunker's Hill road, Shire of Grenville.-Wooden building, containing eight rooms, and licensed under sign of Cattle Yard Inn.
- In June 1864 the publican was William Brazenor.
- In December 1873 the licence of William Brazenor was renewed
- T. O'Callaghan
- In 1936 the publican was Eunice Petch. She was fined for breaching licensing laws.
- <1970-1972> the publican was G. Augustine
- FALLEN AND WOUNDED.
- Private' F. O'CALLAGHAN:— Word was received in Ballarat yesterday that Private Frank O'Callaghin, son of Mr T. O'Callaghan, formerly of the Cattle Yards hotel, Alfredton, was killed in action in France on 29th September.
- In December 1925 . As the result of a police visit to the Cattle Yards Inn, Alfredton, on Sunday morning, I3th December, Eunice Letch licensee was fined £2 for failing to have the lodgers' book properly entered up. Two men found on the premises Were fined 20/ each.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1864 'Advertising', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 23 June, p. 3. , viewed 20 Oct 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66345902
- ↑ The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924) Wed 24 Dec 1873 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/201608890?
- ↑ 1936 'BALLARAT AND DISTRICT.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 24 June, p. 10, viewed 5 July, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article11044553
- ↑ Sands & McDougall's Directory of Ballarat. 1970-1972
- ↑ The Ballarat Star, 20 October 1917.
- ↑ The Age (Melbourne, Vic. : 1854 - 1954) Thu 17 Dec 1925 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/155678590?