From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
The Centenary Hotel was a hotel in Ballarat, Victoria, 1934-1960.
The hotel was on the south east corner of Bridge Street and Peel Street, address 92 Bridge Street.
- In February 1934 the publican was Muriel A. Lyon.
- 1935 - John Tudor
- <1936> - Charles E. Rice
- In 1939 the license was transferred from Muriel Alvie Lyon to Lawrence Frederlck Etherton
- <1943 - P. Etherton
- In May 1943 the publican was P. W. Stricland.
- In 1945 the publican were Thomas Young and Elizabeth Esther Young.
- In March 1945 the publican was Harry Rodgers.
- In May 1949 the license was transferred from Harry Rogers to Kathleen Daisy Hogan.
- In September 1937 Muriel Elvie Lyon, licensee of the Centenary Hotel, was charged with unlawful disposal of liquor, with having had the bar door open, and with having permitted persons on the premises at 8.40p.m. on August 28. For having had the bar door open defendant was fined £5, and for having permitted unauthorised persons on the premises 15/. Five men were each fined £1.
- In November 1941 Laurence Frederick Etherton, licensee of the Centenary Hotel, Bridge-street, was fined £5 In the city court on Tuesday on a charge of having the bar door open during prohibited hours, and £2 for permitting un authorised person on the premises. A charge of disposal of liquor was dismissed. Tnree men were each fined 15/,
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Former Centenary Hotel, Ballarat Buildings, Buildings and Architecture in Ballarat, Victoria, Australia, http://www.ballaratbuildings.com/former-centenary-hotel-92-bridge-street-bakery-hill/, accessed 19 January 2015.
- ↑ The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) Wed 22 Mar 1939 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/12109778?
- ↑ 1949 'Hotel Tansfers.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 4 May, p. 23, viewed 12 March, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article22726367
- ↑ The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) Wed 29 Sep 1937 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/11104160?
- ↑ The Age (Melbourne, Vic. : 1854 - 1954) Wed 19 Nov 1941 https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/209812326?