Charles J. Evans was a printer who established a business in 1855, and was later taken over by [[Berry, Anderson & Co]). He signed the Bendan Hassell Compensation Case Petition in 1855 listing his profession as 'stationer'. 
As of 31 December 1875, Charles J. Evans was a commercial, mining and law stationer, engraver, letterpress and lithographic printer as well as a provider of bookbinding and paper ruling services.University of Ballarat Historical Collection, Invoice dated 31 Dec 1875 (Cat. No.5488). 
Occupied premises on 46 Sturt Street - opposite Town Hall. (<1874-1877>)
- ↑ One Hundred Years: Official Programme and history of Ballarat for its Centenary Celebrations, 1938.
- ↑ Corfield, Wickham and Gervasoni, The Eureka Encyclopedia, Ballarat, 2004, p169.
- ↑ University of Ballarat Historical Collection, Invoice dated 31 Dec 1875 (Cat. No.5488).
--SS 10:26, 29 November 2011 (EST)