‘Coachbuilding began very early in Ballarat, and the various exhibitions in the district have shown that the local factories can produce vehicles which may rival the elegancies of Long Acre. The leading firms [in 1887 were] Jones and Trembath, in Mair street; Cutter, in Chancery lane; and Dickson, in Armstrong street’.
H. Bockholt, Clunes
W. Gynn, coach smith
- ↑ William Bramwell Withers. The History of Ballarat from the First Pastoral Settlement to the Present Time. Ballarat: F. W. Niven and Co., 1887, pages 294—295. [University of Ballarat, Mt Helen Library]
--Beth Kicinski 13:23, 30 August 2013 (EST)