Commercial Hotel Castlemaine
The first Commercial Hotel operated 1856 to 163 on the corner of Mostyn and Urquhart Streets.
The Commercial Hotel was opened in 1854 and while Murphy was licensee, royality enjoyed his hospitality eg, the Duke of Endinburgh stayed there when he visited in 1867. 
The Commercial Hotel No 2 is situated on the corner Mostyn and Hargraves Street Castlemaine, it was first licensed in 1874. Mrs Ethel Blume was the licensee from June 14th 1916 until March 19th 1917. Fanny Johnston became the licensee and remained in that position until 1st August 1921. 
- ↑ Bradfield, R. Castlemaine: A golden harvest. Kilmore: Lowden, 1972.
- ↑ Hocking, G. Castlemaine : from camp to city 1835-1900, a pictorial history of Forest Creek & the Mount Alexander goldfields. Knoxfield, Vic. : Five Mile Press, 1994.
--Sue McPhan 12:52, 27 March 2018 (AEDT)