Creswick School of Forestry

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

Background

Creswick became home to the State Nursery in the early 1900s. The Victorian School of Forestry was established in 1910 in the original goldfields hospital building, now the campus library. It is the oldest school of forestry in Australia, is a 20 hectare campus, and adjoins a 610 hectare demonstration forest.[1]

Formal links with the University of Melbourne was established in 1945. The School of Forestry formerly became a part of the University in 1980.[2]

Also See

Tertiary Education

References

  1. Melbourne University School of Land and Environment Creswick Campus Information Booklet for Campus Residents, c2010.
  2. Melbourne University School of Land and Environment Creswick Campus Information Booklet for Campus Residents, c2010.

--Clare K.Gervasoni 19:26, 3 June 2017 (AEST)

Personal tools