Criteron Hotel Castlemaine
Barker Street - Castlemaine
It wsa a two storey wooden structure, it was destroyed by fire May 21 1883, when Mr Micheal Tighe was licensee. The present building was one storey brick withg the licensee being Mr E Bartlett, a very proper man. Later on a second storey was added, a Mr Rowley Corbett moved in and lived there for 25 years. 
J. Rogers, of the Criterion Hotel, Castlemaine was granted a licence in June 1860. 
- ↑ Flett, J. Old pubs: inns, taverns, groghousees on the Victorian goldfields. Melbourne: Hawthorn Press 1979.
- ↑ Bradfield, R. Castlemaine: A golden harvest. Kilmore: Lowden, 1972.
- ↑ Castlemaine District Annual Licencing meeting. Mt Alexander Mail, 15/06/1860, p4.
--Sue McPhan 10:19, 27 March 2018 (AEDT)