Daylesford Herald

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

The offices of the Daylesford Herald were situated in Howe Street.(1) An invoice of 1893 boasted printing of every description executed with neatness and despatch, and in 1905 general printing executed with expedition at most reasonable rates. (1)(2)


Newspaper

In 1893 the Daylesford Herald was published on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, and had the largest circulation in Daylesford, Hepburn, Yandoit, Franklinford, Glenlyon, Eganstown, Glenlyon, Mount Prospect and Lyonville.(1) Subscription to the newspaper for three months was 6 shillings.(1)


Proprietors and Staff

In 1893 the proprietor was W.T. Edwards. (1)


Reference

(1) Invoice from the Daylesford Herald to Luigi Gervasoni, July 1893

(2) Invoice from the Daylesford Herald to Councillor Luigi Gervasoni, 10 November 1905.



--C.K.Gervasoni 14:57, 18 March 2012 (EST)

Personal tools