Eagle Hotel (Buninyong)
- For other hotels with the same or similar names, see Eagle Hotel.
On 22 March 1915, the hotel was included on a list of hotels to be deprived of their licenses. This list was complied by the Licenses Reduction Board in Melbourne. Licensing district hearings for hotels on this list were to be held at the Ballarat Supreme Court on 11 May.
In 1916 the building was isolated following a fatal case of meningitis:
BUNINYONG. DEATH FROM MENINGITIS. A fatal case of meningitis hag been reported to Constable Olney, the sufferer being an infant four years old, daughter of Mrs John. Hannah, of the Eagle Hotel. The child took ill on Monday last, and died at 7 o'clock on Wednesday evening. The premises have been isolated, under the instructions of the medical officer, Dr Longden. Much sympathy is expressed with Mrs Hannah in her trouble, she having lost her husband by death only a few months ago.
- Andrew Davies opened the Eagle Hotel in 1858.
The Eagle Hotel building is still standing, and is currently used as offices. It has been classified by the National Trust.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 n.d., Buninyong Visitors Guide, pg.8
- ↑ 1917 'HOTEL CLOSED', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 4 January, p. 6, viewed 7 October, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article154807305.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 1915 'LICENSES REDUCTION BOARD.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 23 March, p. 10, viewed 13 February, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1504941
- ↑ 1916 'BUNINYONG.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 26 May, p. 6, viewed 7 October, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article154672681
- ↑ Collins, John T 1963, [Eagle Store, Warenheip St., Buninyong]
- ↑ Buninyong Heritage Walks and other Interesting Cycle Rides and Scenic Drives, 2008.
- ↑ 1877 'BUNINYONG LICENSING COURT.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 22 December, p. 4, viewed 6 October, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article199282984
- ↑ 1883 'BUNINYONG ANNUAL LIOENSING COURT.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 22 December, p. 3, viewed 20 September, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article201620385