Edward H. F. Davis
Edward Henry Frederick Davis served in the RAAF in World War One.
Davis was born in Ballarat in 1896, the son of Alfred Ernest Davis and Rachael Matilda Henderson.. His father was a caretaker and the family lived in the North Lodge at the Ballarat Botanical Gardens.
Davis enlisted in the Flying Corps on 3 April 1918.
Davis died in Ballarat in 1958, at the age of 62.
Honoured on the Ballarat Avenue of Honour for his World War One service.
- ↑ Federation Index Victoria 1888-1901, Index to Births, Deaths, and Marriages in Victoria, 1896 Births, Ref. No.16907, Macbeth Genealogical Services, 1997
- ↑ http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/Imagine.asp?B=1858392, accessed 24 January 2014.
- ↑ National Archives of Australia, World War I records, NAA: B2455, DAVIS E H F, SERN 3309, http://recordsearch.naa.gov.au/SearchNRetrieve/Interface/SearchScreens/BasicSearch.aspx accessed 26 January 2014
- ↑ National Archives of Australia, World War I records, NAA: B2455, DAVIS F G, SERN 3310, http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/Imagine.asp?B=1858392 accessed 26 January 2014
- ↑ Tramway Staff, Ballarat Tramways, Electric Supply Co. Staff Register, pg. XX, Ballarat Tramway Museum Archives, No. 6100
- ↑ Death Index Victoria 1888-1901, Index to Deaths in Victoria, 1958 Deaths, Ref. No. 26217, Macbeth Genealogical Services, 1998
--Beth Kicinski 12:19, 14 August 2013 (EST)