Fountain Head Hotel
From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
The Fountain Head Hotel was a hotel in Ballarat, Victoria, <1862-1864>.
William Bramwell Withers described the site of the hotel in 1888:
It is claimed for Mr George Hathorn that in 1854 he built the first wooden store in what is now Bridge street, namely, the Fountain Head confectioner’s shop and bakery, so called by him after a bakery with that name in California. The Tucketts afterwards built a two-storey hotel next door and called it the Fountain Head hotel.
- ↑ 1888 'BALLARAT CHRONICLES AND PICTURES.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 9 August, p. 4, viewed 26 October, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article209446014
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 1862 'LICENSED VICTUALLERS' ASSOCIATION.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 7 August, p. 4, viewed 30 October, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66326137