Grenville Foundry

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to: navigation, search

In the 1890s, Charles Brown & Son's Grenville Foundry (located on Grant Street, Ballarat) was part of the successful return of Ballarat foundries to manufacturing equipment for the renewing mining industry - concentrating on pumping equipment.[1]

Contents

Background

History

Site

Grant Street West, Ballarat

Innovations

Community Involvement

Works Produced

Workplace Relations

The People

Legacies

See also

Charles Brown and Son

Further Notes

References

  1. Bate, Weston. (1978). Lucky City: The First Generation at Ballarat 1851-1901. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press.


Further Reading

External Links

Image - http://victoriancollections.net.au/items/53daf1319821f513b885657b


--Beth Kicinski 11:45, 9 December 2011 (EST); --Clare K.Gervasoni 09:03, 6 October 2015 (AEDT)

Personal tools