John K. Richards
John Kildahl Richards was born at Ballarat on 25 February 1867. Becoming a doctor he was the Honorary Medical Officer of the Old Colonists' Club and and went the the front in 1914. His rooms were part of his home, The Beacon, 334 Lydiard Street north. Dr Richards died on 12 May 1941 aged 74 years. At that time he had been the honorary medical officer for the Ballarat Old Colonists’ for an 39 years.
John Richards was married to Alice who died in February 1935.
- TO THE LIFE GOVERNORS and SUBSCRIBERS CP THE BALLARAT DISTRICT ORPHAN ASYLUM. Ladies and Gentleman.— I have the honor to announce that I have been NOMINATED for one of the positions as Medical Officer to the institution, and respectfully solicit your vote. Yours faithfully, JOHN K. RICHARDS, M.D. et C.M. Honorman University and Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh; late Demonstrator of Anatomy R.C.S.E.
- ↑ Minutes of the Old Colonists' Club, Ballarat.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/GreatWarBallarat/posts/3167555609957359?__tn__=K-R, accessed 06 June 2020.
- ↑ The Argus, 26 February 1935.
- ↑ Ballarat Star, 29 July 1897.