John MacDonald was an aerated water and cordial manufacturer who conducted his business from premises in Holmes Street, Ballarat.(1) He used Warrenheip spring water in his factory, and purchased bottles - and the sole right to use them in the Ballarat District - of the late firms Thos. Trood and Son, and Thos. Trood and Co. Melbourne.
(1) Ballarat Star, 16 November 1893, page 1 column e.
Di Campbell 12:48, 20 May 2011 (EST)