John Taylor, baker
In 1858 he was listed as John Taylor, baker in Dana Street. John Taylor was the proprietor of the Red House Steam Biscuit Bakery and Confectionery in Dana Street, Ballarat. He was a member of the Master Bakers, who met at the Union Hotel in June 1864, and set the price for a loaf of bread at 1s 2d.
Corner of Dana Street and Raglan Street, later known as Raglan Flats (demolished 1957).
An 1862 token for the Red House Bakery.
- ↑ Huxtable's Ballarat Directory, 1858.
- ↑ Federation University Australia Historical Collection [Cat. No. 5312].
- ↑ 1864 'Advertising', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 3 June, p. 3. , viewed 19 Oct 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66345384
- ↑ Rogers, J. W. F. (ed.). (c. 1887). The Australasian Federal Directory of Commerce, Trades & Professions. Melbourne: J. W. F. Rogers.
- ↑ Ballarat and Vicinity, F.W. Niven, Ballarat, 1894.
- ↑ The Lamplight, Newsletter of the Ballarat Historical Society Inc., Vol 5, No. 1, Jan-Feb 1915, p9.