Researchers should be wary of historic street locations as the streets of Ballarat and surrounds have been renumbered over the years.
Market Square was also known as the Haymarket.
Businesses and people in Market Square
The block comprising Mair Street, Creswick Road, Market Street and Armstrong Street North.
Market Square was later used to build Ballarat Civic Hall in 1955. For nearly a century it was a livestock and produce market.
Howard-Duncan Pty Ltd (<1942-1943>)
McDowall and Gray, Produce Salesmen
Plough and Harrow Hotel <1863>
James Tappin Grocer
- ↑ Butters, Peter, Recollections.