Prince of Wales Hotel (Cobblers)
- For other hotels with the same or similar names, see Prince of Wales Hotel.
The Prince of Wales Hotel was a hotel in the Ballarat district in <1864-1869>.
The hotel was described as being in Cobblers, a lead near Sebastopol.
This was a description of the hotel in 1864:
JOHN DAVIES, Cobbler's Lead, in the Shire of Buninyong. Wooden building, containing eight rooms; licensed under the sign of the Prince of Wales Hotel.
The hotel was offered for sale in June 1869 when the publican, William Mitchell was declared insolvent:
In tho INSOLVENT ESTATE of WILLIAM MITCHELL, of Ballarat, Publican. TENDERS are invited for the purchase of the FREEHOLD PROPERTY at Cobblers, containing 1 rood and 33 3-10 perches, on which is erected that Commodious Hotel, known as the PRINCE OF WALES, Together with the whole of the Furniture, Fittings, and Stock in-trade. Terms for Furniture, &c.—Cash. For Hotel—One-third cash, balance can remain on mortgage to suit purchaser. The new Omnibuses start from this hotel, and with an energetic proprietor must command a large business. Tenders to be addressed to the undersigned by Saturday, 12th June, at ten a.m., accompanied with a deposit of £20. E. R. MITCHISON. Official-Assignee's Office, Lydiard street, Sth June, 1869.
- In June 1864 the publican was John Davies (publican).
- The publican in June 1869 was William Mitchell.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1869 'Advertising.', The Ballarat Star (Vic. : 1865 - 1924), 11 June, p. 3, viewed 10 August, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article112889802
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 1864 'Advertising', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 23 June, p. 3. , viewed 20 Oct 2016, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66345902