Caledonian Bakery

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Image: University of Ballarat Historical Collection [Cat. No. 604].


In 1867 W.N. Longhurst commenced business in the Caledonian Bakery in Seymour Crescent, which he purchased from Mr McKay. Five years later the business had grown to the extent that he purchased a property on the corner of Mair Street and Yuille Streets, shortly after changing the name to the Criterion Bakery (operating under the banner of W. E. Longhurst and Sons Criterion Bread Factory).(1)


References

(1) One Hundred Years: Official Programme and history of Ballarat for its Centenary Celebrations, 1938.