Phoenix Hotel (Doveton Street)
- For other Phoenix Hotels, see Phoenix Hotel.
The Phoenix Hotel was a hotel in Ballarat, Victoria, <1914-1915.
On 22 March 1915, the hotel was included on a list of hotels to be deprived of their licenses. This list was complied by the Licenses Reduction Board in Melbourne. The Ballarat West licensing district hearings on this list were to be held on 27 April. The hotel was delicensed in November 1915, and the court paid £550 compensation.
- In 1914 Selina Thompson was living at the hotel where she worked as a barmaid.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1915 'LICENSES REDUCTION BOARD.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 23 March, p. 10, viewed 13 February, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1504941
- ↑ 1915 'LICENSING ACT 1915.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 10 November, p. 15, viewed 10 September, 2015, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1578545
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 1914 Electoral Roll, Ballaarat, Ballarat West