The Farmers' Foundry
John Gibb and Company's Farmer's Foundry employed twenty-five men in 1870 to produce reapers, strippers, ploughs and other agricultural equipment. By 1868 the number of employees had increased to 35 and the variety of agricultural implements being produced had increased. (Bate, 1978)
References Bate, Weston. Lucky City: The First Generation at Ballarat 1851-1901. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press.