The Miners' Foundry

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "The Miners' Foundry was established by Messrs Ivey and Jeffrey in 1858 and was situated in Bridge Street. ----")
 
Line 1: Line 1:
 
The Miners' Foundry was established by Messrs Ivey and Jeffrey in 1858 and was situated in [[Bridge Street]].
 
The Miners' Foundry was established by Messrs Ivey and Jeffrey in 1858 and was situated in [[Bridge Street]].
 +
 +
In 1861 they concentrated on producing crushing machinery for the mines - employing about 20 men to meet their obligations. (Bate, 1978)
 +
  
  
 
----
 
----
 +
 +
'''References'''
 +
 +
Bate, Weston. (1978). ''Lucky City: The First Generation at Ballarat 1851-1901''. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press.

Revision as of 23:06, 1 December 2011

The Miners' Foundry was established by Messrs Ivey and Jeffrey in 1858 and was situated in Bridge Street.

In 1861 they concentrated on producing crushing machinery for the mines - employing about 20 men to meet their obligations. (Bate, 1978)



References

Bate, Weston. (1978). Lucky City: The First Generation at Ballarat 1851-1901. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press.

Personal tools