The Miners' Foundry

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Revision as of 23:07, 1 December 2011 by No1historychick (Talk | contribs)
Jump to: navigation, search

The Miners' Foundry was established by Messrs Ivey and Jeffrey in 1858 and was situated in Bridge Street.


In 1861 they concentrated on producing crushing machinery for the mines - employing about 20 men to meet their obligations. (Bate, 1978)



References

Bate, Weston. (1978). Lucky City: The First Generation at Ballarat 1851-1901. Melbourne: Melbourne University Press.

Personal tools