White Swan Hotel
The White Swan Hotel was a hotel near Ballarat, Victoria, <1862-1915>.
On 22 March 1915, the hotel was included on a list of hotels to be deprived of their licenses. This list was complied by the Licenses Reduction Board in Melbourne. Licensing district hearings for hotels on this list were to be held at the Ballarat Supreme Court on 11 May.
The White Swan Hotel was described as being at "Springs". In Angela Taylor's book, "A Forester's Log: The Story of John La Gerche and the Ballarat-Creswick State Forest 1892-1897", she includes a photo from the Ballarat Library Collection, captioned "White Swan Hotel, Springs, Dead Horse. This area is now known as Glen Park.
The hotel was pulled down in March 1947 and the site was flooded as part of the White Swan Reservoir.
- ↑ 1915 'LICENSES REDUCTION BOARD.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 23 March, p. 10, viewed 13 February, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article1504941
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 1862 'DISTRICT POLICE COURT.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 18 June, p. 2, viewed 12 February, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article66324917
- ↑ Taylor, Angela, (1999)"A Forester's Log: The Story of John La Gerche and the Ballarat-Creswick State Forest 1892-1897", Melbourne University Press
- ↑ 1947 'IN THOSE UNRATIONED DAYS OF THE 1880's.', The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957), 1 April, p. 4, viewed 12 February, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article22436930
- ↑ 1863 'BALLARAT WEST LICENSING BENCH.', The Star (Ballarat, Vic. : 1855 - 1864), 19 June, p. 4, viewed 29 April, 2014, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article72515139