William Porter

From Ballarat and District Industrial Heritage Project
Jump to navigation Jump to search

William Porter was a boot and shoemaker whose premises (according to the Australasian Federal Directory) were located on Main Street, Ballarat.(1) In 1898 W. Porter and Co. advertised in the Ballarat School of Mines Student magazine as manufactures of high-class boots and shoes of every description, including strong boots for mining pursuits. In 1898 William Porters business had been established for 40 years, and they sold their products at 42 Lydiard Street and 84 Bridge Street.(2)


References

(1) Rogers, J. W. F. (ed.). (c. 1887). The Australasian Federal Directory of Commerce, Trades & Professions. Melbourne: J. W. F. Rogers.

(2) Ballarat School of Mines Student Magazine, October 1898



--Beth Kicinski 11:37, 19 December 2011 (EST), --C.K.Gervasoni 13:00, 11 January 2012 (EST)